Sunday 9 December 2012

Khuri, Desert National Park - sunset camel ride


As soon as the camel rose to get up with me on its back I thought maybe this is a big mistake.


The facial expression says it all.
It was a long way to the ground if I fell off and I certainly didn’t feel stable, I was actually a bit scared.
I tried to relax and get into my yoga zone of “remember to breathe” and “feel my centre of centre”.  After a few minutes of walking along I started to relax. 

Unfortunately Jim did not feel the same way, he said his groin was really hurting (and continued to hurt all through the ride, that night and the next day).

That is a grimace not a smile.
Not too far into the trip Jim had to stop to wee, after all it had just passed beer o’clock time.  I thought Oh no! please don’t make the camel drop to the ground because then it will have to get up again, I wasn’t feeling that relaxed.  


Luckily, there were no mishaps and the ride out was interesting.  We passed the village girls at the communal well filling up their water containers for the evening and we saw a desert fox and a gazelle.
We were one of the first camels to arrive on the dunes for the sunset viewing.  It was entertaining watching all the other camels arriving especially those running late for the sunset.  The funny clicking noises the camel drivers make to hurry them up echoed across the dunes.  There were many Indian tourists who chose to ride on a trailer being pulled behind the camel.  There was lots of laughing and giggling.
Jim said why weren’t we offered that choice!!!!!  

P.S. Just in case any of you (in particular my Mum) thinks I am being unfair to Jim in any way whilst writing our tale, he edits the blog before it is published.


Local village girls collecting water.




No comments:

Post a Comment