Tuesday 8 January 2013

Gulmarg 8 Jan 13 Tuesday

We have been in Gulmarg over a week now and I realised I hadn't shown you any photos of our accommodation "Grand Mumtaz".

It is very comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful.  The food, as I have mentioned before is yummy.

Jim and I both had a rest day today.  My cold/flu/tummy bug (whatever it is) is improving as each day goes on but am still reluctant to venture too far (without a toilet close by).
We caught the gondola up to the mid station and sat in the sun for a couple of  hours.  It was glorious with the sun on our backs.
We chatted with the Ski Him guests who were waiting for phase 2 (which takes you to the top of the mountain) to open.  Discussing how the conditions are a challenge without fresh snow.  They are a good group.  Dealing with everything in their stride, quick to grasp the antics of Gulmarg.

It was easy to pass a few hours,  watching the Indian tourists learning to snow plough and Indian families snow playing, chatting with the local guides and watching skiers and boarders making their way down the mountain.
Jim at the desk

Grand Mumtaz

Our comfortable bed

The only English speaking channel is National Geographic

Looking from our entrance 

5 comments:

  1. pretty flash accommodation for India :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Happy, I love hearing all your fascinating stories. I feel as though I am there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I know that it works, Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you both. I have been reading all your stories and love the photos. India is not what I imagined at all,especially the snow and the mountains. Thanks for sharing it all with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew showed me these the other day. The pine makes me feel at home. Amazing that National geographic is Jim's channel. Hope you are feeling better x Andrew also said he had watched a show about mountains in India where the leopards come down and eat the dogs and that's why the dogs bark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic Hap & Jim. Great accommodation & glad it is all coming together. Hope the snow comes for you! xx

    ReplyDelete