Saturday 1 June 2013

Returned from camping

Hi everyone

We returned from our 7 day camping trip late yesterday and by the time we unpacked it was time for dinner and bed.
Then we left the house early (ish) this morning to visit north Cornwall - Tintagel where King Arthur lived then down the coast to Port Isaac - where Doc Martin is filmed then onto Padstow where Rick Stein has his restaurant so those are my excuses for not writing a camping blog last night or today.

I am writing this very very short blog to say hello and let you know we are having a fantastic time.  It's who you know not what you know that helps make a holiday special.
Cornwall is beautiful and has many sights to see.
I will try to get to the computer over the next day or two and tell you about some of our days events.  It will be difficult to pick out a few photos because they are all worth posting.

Bluebells down the path to the beach - Jim's artistic shot

Groovy old van - admire the leadlight windows

Along a beach walk - look Jacq Shasta daisies

Enjoying lunch at Pinky Murphy's in Fowey with our Cornish friends





1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,
    Sorry it's been so long since we left a comment & thanks for your recent email to Dave. We knew you were in London & then onto Cornwall & it sounds amazing. What a great location you had in London & the camping looked like fun. I love the little van? Even though it's been almost 2 years since we were there...it feels like yesterday and I could never tire of travel tales through the UK. Give me London & country England every time and I'm in heaven! I'm such an Anglophile as you well know Hap, so please breathe it all in & say 'cheers' for me!! I so wish we could pop over & join you for a few weeks. It is such a lovely time of year to be there too. Keep enjoying & continued safe travels to you both xx

    ReplyDelete