Tuesday 18 June 2013

Bury St Edmunds - Photo stream


Because we (mainly Jim) has taken so many great photos and I only pick a few to post on the blog we have decided to post all our photos onto Flickr.  It is a photo sharing site.

The idea is when I post a blog I will attach the Flickr web address and you click on the web address and go to the folder for that blog.  You can open any folder you wish to look into at any time to look back at photos.

We'll try it with this blog.
  
Yesterday we went for a drive to Bury St Edmunds where our car came from.  It is a historic town with cobbled stone streets.  We walked through the gardens and ruins of the Bury St Edmunds Abbey circa 1026.  We drove there on the motorway and drove back through many small villages.  Lilian says Suffolk is a county with many many villages.  They are very cute.  We hope to return to a couple for pub lunches while we are here.

For the photos of Bury St Edmunds
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimhappy/ 

Right click on the above link/go to address/click on sets/double click on folder/double click on first photo and arrow through to view each photo

To return folder click on folder name on bottom right of screen/click all sets - to take you back to home page

Good luck!


2 comments:

  1. My 2nd letter to you today Hap - just thought I'd have a quick check of the blog. The photos on flickr are great! Fantastic pics Jim - many look like postcards. I love the shots of Tintagel - a place I've always wanted to see but never got to - looks AMAZING!
    I have a soft spot for Bury St Edmunds as this was where my bridal store was located Hap. I would take the train up from London for fittings & usually make a day of it with friends, stopping in a tea shop in the town - of course! I remember my last visit well, as Mum had arrived & we went up together about a week before the wedding. Such lovely memories.
    This is the thing about England - turn a corner & you find ruins, old churches & ancient Abbeys, beautiful scenes - just sitting there, unspoilt. I'll never get over how many of these sites there are & how green it all is for such a small, highly populated country! They do 'green' and 'heritage' very well don't they?
    Your little home -sit looks very cute too. Are you off to the IOW next?
    keep on enjoying & sharing your stories and beautiful pics guys.
    Lots of love,
    Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. found the photos, I think that's a great way of doing at as that way I don't miss as many blogs when I've logged on - ie they blogs will be on one page versus going back and forth. Am having a lunch tomorrow for 9 of the girls. Hope you are feeling better x

    ReplyDelete