Sunday 17 February 2013

Lunch at Khyber

We enjoyed a pleasant lunch today at Khyber with two Ski Himalaya guests Kris and Andrew from Australia.  It started snowing over lunch which added to the ambiance.

Jim finally got his Angus beef

Kris & Andrew

My Norwegian salmon - I ate the lot, yummy!

Who would want to drink coffee that the beans came out of a cat's bottom and then pay 4000 rupees ($80) for the experience

Jim and the boys skied this morning but gave up after enjoying a few runs.   The queues were too long and the pushy Russians (and others) spoil the atmosphere.  
We were lucky in January when the snow was fun and there were no queues and unpleasant skiers queue jumping.  
The queue jumpers bring out the worst in me so I decided to have a break from them today so I 
spent a few hours on my cross country skis this morning.  
There are sunglass sellers come glove sellers come goggle sellers out and about.  One man in particular whom I see often and always say hello to, doesn't wear sunnies himself so today I bought him a pair.  I said you can't be selling a product if you don't wear them yourself.  He asked me to pick out a pair for him.  I chose the Ray ban silver frames aviator for him.  They looked good. 
He carries the sunnies on a hanging set up around his neck with a mirror.  I encouraged him to look at himself in his mirror.  He seemed pleased and shook my hand.  Who knows whether he will put them back in his stock and keep the 100 rupees ($2).  






1 comment:

  1. that is so you Happy ,kind hearted person that you are ,the food looked great, especially the salmon & i agree with you about the coffee .I think russian tourist are the same the world over ,the ones we've come accross anyway , rude & pushy . enjoy the skiing.xx

    ReplyDelete