Thursday 6 March 2014

Happy anniversary to us!


Yesterday (Wed 5 March) was our 20 year wedding anniversary - thank you for all the well wishes we received.
We celebrated by going on a snorkelling boat trip to Koh Rok.  Koh Rok is a marine national park south from Koh Lanta.  The water was as you can see was crystal clear.  We snorkelled off the boat three times swimming amongst colourful fish and coral.

In the evening we walked up the road to the Greek Taverna for dinner - I know, sounds odd but the Greek couple who run it have been here for years.  It was my idea as I admit I was wanting something without chilli and we had ridden past it a couple of times and it looked popular.  We shared a calamari salad for entree and a seafood platter for a main.  They make their own pita bread & dips which was yummy and good for a change.  I am surprised they can get lamb, fetta etc all things Greek but they do.

We could have been in Greece except we were in Thailand
Today we spent the first part of the morning at a medical clinic so Jim could have his ear(s) irrigated. He says he had been having blocked ears for a while and yesterday he went deaf - I quite enjoyed it for a while - even though I am the talker of the two of us.  Anyway,  all good, he can now hear again. Shaz had to have her ears done last week when we were in Phuket and now Jim.  I admit I had my done while we were in Eze, France.  Something to do with turning 50 maybe????
I went in with Jim as I wanted to watch (just like I did with Shaz)
but Jim wouldn't let me take photos of the wax - ooh yuk!
After the medical emergency we spent most of the day at Klong Nin Beach, a 10-minute ride south from here Klong Khong where our house is.  What a lovely beach, so relaxing with cushions, mats & umbrellas on the beach - all for free - that doesn't happen often and 80's music playing in the background.  For a moment I thought I was backpacking again just like 26 years ago.

Tomorrow, Friday is our last day in paradise.  We are thinking we will go back to Klong Nin for the day and just sit and look at the horizon over the ocean and a have a final beer and mojito.



1 comment:

  1. you both look very relaxed & enjoying your last day on the island ,have fun xx

    ReplyDelete