Monday 24 February 2014

Bangtao Beach, Phuket Thailand





After the discipline of ashram life I have certainly gone off the rails - sleeping in, drinking alcohol, eating seafood and chicken and generally leading a decadent life (by ashram standards that is). 
Since leaving the ashram three weeks ago I have been lazing between the pool here at the apartment, Surin Beach (a 20-minute walk away) and our local beach here in Bangtao.  

The first two weeks Mum and Dad were here with me and for the past week Sharon has been here to keep me company.
Shaz leaves tomorrow afternoon and Jim will arrive Wednesday morning.  
It has been a surreal two months without him.  He says he is ready to leave Gulmarg.  I said I hope that means you have missed me and are looking forward to seeing me.  His reply ‘depends on where you take me to eat prawns’.  We all know Jim’s love of prawns!!!

I feel extremely lucky to have had his time with Mum & Dad.  What a fantastic way to finish off our time away.  Mum says she has lived the past 14 months with us through the blog and Skype sessions and has enjoyed every moment.

Sharon and I are both 50 next month, a day apart so what better way to celebrate our 50th and a friendship spanning 36 years.  It has been a relaxing quiet week.  Shaz has enjoyed the break from her normal routine of a busy family life and commitments.  Me, well I just enjoy the quiet life.

Surin Beach - cheers to 'everything'


 
Jim likes to have a birthday week, lucky for me my 50th will be a birthday month (or months), starting here this past week with Shaz followed by a family dinner with my family in Brisbane and hopefully a family gathering in Sydney with Jim’s family, a ‘Trailer Trash – to host a murder party’ in Mt Beauty, celebrating again with Shaz and her family in Warburton and finally with Nan & Ed when we arrive in Point Lonsdale at the end of March.  
Not sure how Jim is going to top that – but he will try!

Thailand; a land of beautiful beaches, glorious weather, fresh & tasty food and friendly people.  The weeks here have been carefree and easy, an island paradise.

Buddhist temple top seen peeking above trees everywhere
on the island

Mum & I sharing a coconut shake
Mum & Dad on James Bond Island

Posing on Surin Beach



Jim will only have 3 nights here in Bangtao before we head to Koh Lanta on Saturday for the week.  

As our trip draws to an end I am winding down with the blogs so stay tuned for what maybe the final blog of our trip written next week from Koh Lanta. 

3 comments:

  1. The villa looks amazing Happy ,u & Jim will love it & once again close to the beach ,& i'm sure Jim will be able to have his fill of prawns ,thanks for our time there together & please say a last good bye to Mos for us , enjoy, take care & see u soon . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy, your journey has been just amazing and I have loved sharing it with you through your wonderful travel blog. I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with your folks. I know they enjoyed it so very much. I can't believe you're turning 50!!! Will definitely celebrate with you when you're in Bris. Can't wait to see you both very soon. Love Kez xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure when your birthday is Happy, but hope you have a wonderful time. Have enjoyed reading your blog - will miss it! Love, Peta

    ReplyDelete