Wednesday 27 March 2013

What a special birthday


What a fantastic birthday I’ve had.
Woke up to many birthday emails, how lovely.  What a surprise, Jim gave me a beautiful silver necklace inlaid with gem stones.
We spent the day on the beach with Lisa and Kenny.  The waves were bigger today and we all had a fun body surf.  Everyone got to be in the green room, Kenny’s favourite saying for catching a good wave. 
The first part of their present to me was a cocktail “Majito” while watching the sun go down at their resort.  Majitoes are the drink to have in Dubai.  Very sweet and refreshing.
Birthday cocktail

Showing off my presents: black cardy (will be handy for covering my shoulders in Dubai),  perfume from Dubai and Aloe Vera anti ageing gel from Kerala
Walking across to the guesthouse for dinner Kenny did a bit of retail therapy and bought the bedspread he had been looking at for the past few days.  They are displayed on the beach, what a novel idea.
Final choice

The deal is done with Kumar



Kumar (the beach man Lisa had befriended the day before with the mussels) gave me a birthday rose garland (it was large and heavy) on arrival to the guesthouse.  They smelt divine.  
I now have them hanging in our room.  
Birthday rose garland
When we walked up to the roof where we would be having dinner WOW what a surprise the table was decorated with flowers.  My favourite saying is “it’s covered with dirt, sand etc”  Jim is always having a go at me for it but the table was covered and  smelt great.
It was like an Indian wedding
The night got better, the guesthouse boys bought out the cake with “Happy birthday Happy” on it.  It had a little tea light in the centre with a cylinder of cucumber as a tea light cover, how inventive.  Reluctantly we gave the boys half the cake and the other half (less a few slices) to Riju and JC at Sea Flower.  It is great to give but I love cake.  I knew I would be wanting it today.
Happy birthday to me
The night got even better after the happy birthday song, there was fire works.  Fantastic, by this time I was very excited.
The lobster, fish curry and accompaniments all came out and were delicious. 
Kenny and Lisa shared their duty free Chardonnay with me.  My first wine since leaving Australia.  The first two mouthfuls were um don’t know about this but the third was 'this is good'.
I was very happy.  It was so special, beautiful surrounds, yummy food and great friends.
My 49th birthday will definitely be a memorable one.

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful way to spend your birthday,good friends ,good food ,flowers,cake & wine,could not get any better . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great table set-up and what a fun time you have had. Best wishes for your birthday - that'll be a hard one to top :)

    ReplyDelete